Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Out of Iraq, into New Orleans!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

ITMFA: The new banner

Some of the regular readers might have noticed the new banner I made for this blog. The pic is one I took after Hurricane Rita. I was headed down Bayou DuLarge were I grew up to check on the old friends and see how far I could make it. I stopped to snap some pics and I soon realized why I was the only idiot around with a regular sized car. There was no way I was getting through there with the Intrepid! After the pic I used for the banner was snapped, I took a couple more. It was then that I saw a truck come through that same point where the camera was pointed. That was the end of my drive down the bayou, the very beginning!

Anyway, I made this banner the night I found out Dad was in the hospital while at work. I never got the chance to explain it. I must give a big tip of the hat to Chuck at The Divided States Of bu$hmeriKa 2 for the idea. That is where I first heard of the term ITMFA. I was planning on making a banner for the blog already, and when I saw that, I just knew it would fit perfect on the banner. So thanks Chuck for the idea! I must admit, it does have a certain quality about it.

Besides, I know I am not the only one to keep asking this question:



Each time that question is pondered, the same root cause comes up:







Who says monsters only exist in movies?

17 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

Very cool banner. Lots of talent in that creation. I hope we can impeach the stupid idiotic jerk! He is way too dangerous to leave in office.

Donnie McDaniel said...

PCM, I just commented at your place and came back to see that once again, I was commenting and checking out your blog while you were here. LOL!! We do seem to think alike sometimes.

John Good said...

Donnie,

No problems posting; just came from the dashboard, and it let me right in. =)

Donnie McDaniel said...

Outstanding John! I was worried about if it took a while to sort itself out like it did with Clammyc. Glad there was no problems with you.

Anon-Paranoid said...

I say impeach both those assholes. Der Fuehrer Bush and Dark Lord Dick [Goebbels]Cheney.

Then we can all say President Pelosi.

God Bless.

Mary said...

Here's a sign I saw in DC.
"Impeachment. It's not just for blowjobs anymore."

pissed off patricia said...

Yep you crown an idiot, give him the most powerful military in the world to play with, and sure as hell he'll screw up every damned thing he touchs.

Send him down to the Gulf Coast to do the clean up that still needs doing down there.

betmo said...

glad to hear that your dad is doing better! impeach cheney now!!!

DivaJood said...

Donnie, I'm glad your dad is improving. I've been thinking about you even though I've been lax about visiting.

Old Broad said...

I like your new banner. But that pix of Dubya gave me the creepies. AGAIN. Actually, ALL pixs of Dubya give me the creepies.
What I would give to see him actually have to WORK for a living. I think helping rebuild the Gulf Coast would be one hell of a start.
Of course, it won't happen.

PTCruiser said...

Good to hear your father is doing better, Donnie. Love the new banner.

Anonymous said...

Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
Frank

betmo said...

good grief!!! i think you have been spammed from a foreign country!

Donnie McDaniel said...

I notice that and it is getting on my nerves! Yesterday blogger was freaking out and the comments would not work on a lot of blogs. But the spam sure went through. DAMMIT!!

TravelingMermaid said...

Doesn't dubya look impish in that crown.....he's always reminded me of Alfred E. Newman except AEN was cool. Do you know who he is?

Thanks for the link!

Donnie McDaniel said...

Hey it's TM! LOL, he does remind me of AEN. Welcome to my blog TM. You're welcome for the link. I have many more to do. Of all the pics I have, that one seemed to fit the most with the post.

Chuck said...

Hey Donnie-

Thanks for the mention. I didn't come up with that obviously (although I do think it a lot:)).

I haven't been around for a while and had to read back through first to check on your dad's update. Sounds like good news!

Keep hanging in there!

(And btw- LOVE the new header!)